The good news is that my grandparents, Gene and Pauline, are now in Colombia with me, so we were able to celebrate the U.S. holiday together.
We had met a family that lived in Cali, and they all spoke English! The mother, Leonor, grew up in the U.S., so she knew the importance of Thanksgiving and made us a special lunch. She even made mashed potatoes!!! No turkey... that is too expensive here. But we did have a wonderful pumpkin bread.
After our time with the family, we did some sight-seeing around the city. (This was my first time in Cali.)
I am standing on the hillside with Cali, Colombia spread out behind me.
Cali, Colombia
This was the first train to come through Colombia, and it stopped in Cali. Now it is simply a tourist attraction and the train station is a mall.
Christmas in Colombia is celebrated for about 2+ months. The decorations are crazy!
One of the many Catholic cathedrals you find in Colombia.
A man organizing his roses before he hit the streets again to sell them.
Happy Thanksgiving, to everyone back home in the States!!!
Happy Thanksgiving you too!!! I miss you much and you will be home soon. I love the pictures they are awesome, they make me feel like I am there. See you soon.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to have your Gr. and Grandpa there! I always enjoyed seeing them! Happy Thanksgiving belated! Snow forecast for this PM...Connie F
ReplyDelete